[avatar user=»grupodeo» size=»thumbnail» /]
Hour of Mercy: 3:00 p.m
Daily Reflections, supplications and prayers
Friday, May 13, 2022
(26) Today I felt more ill, but Jesus has given me many more opportunities on this day to practice virtue. It so happened that I was busier than usual, and the sister in charge of the kitchen made it clear to me how irritated she was that I had come late for dinner, although it was quite impossible for me to have come sooner. At any rate, I felt so unwell that I had to ask Mother Superior to allow me to lie down. I went to ask Sister N. to take my place, and again I got a scolding: “What is this, Sister, you‟re so exhausted that you’re going back to bed again! Confound you with all this lying in bed!” I put up with all that, but that wasn’t the end. I still had to ask the sister who was in charge of the sick to bring me my meal. When I told her this, she burst out of the chapel into the corridor after me to give me a piece of her mind: “Why on earth are you going to bed, Sister, etc……” I asked her not to bother bringing me anything. (27) I am writing all this very briefly because it is not my intention to write about such things, and I am doing so merely to dissuade souls from treating others in this way, for this is displeasing to the Lord. In a suffering soul we should see Jesus Crucified, and not a loafer or burden on the community. A soul who suffers with submission to the will of God draws down more blessings on the whole convent than all the working sisters. Poor indeed is a convent where there are no sick sisters. God often grants many and great graces out of regard for the soul who are suffering, and He withholds many punishments solely because of the suffering souls (Saint María Faustina Kowalska, Divine Mercy in My Soul, Diary, 1268).
- Let us ask for the grace to go courageously to meet of thouse who are suffering,
- Let us pray for the sick who have lost the meaning of their life,
- Let us ask the Lord to have commiseration of our suffering humanity and for the end of the spread of COVID-19 throughout the world,
- For the souls in purgatory,
- For our suffering humanity and for our personal intentions.
3. Resolutions of the day:
Let us experience the consolation of the Lord during this day,
4. Final Prayer:
You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us. Oh My Good Merciful Jesus, King of Mercy, I trust in You, and only in you I Hope. Amen. Jesus I Trust in You. (Cf. Diary, 1319)
Official medal of the Consecration to the Divine Mercy.
Unique medal with 2 sides.
Personalized design of the Witnesses of the Divine Mercy (School of Mercy)
Order here: Access