DEVOTION TO THE DIVINE MERCY
Daily Reflections, Supplications and Prayers
Translator SPANISH-ENGLISH: Mrs. Mari Campos-Waite
Friday, October 27, 2023
«Once I had doubts whether what had happened to me had not seriously offended JESUS. Since I could not realize this, I decided not to approach Holy Communion before confessing, although I immediately made an act of contrition, because I have the custom that after the slightest offense, I exercise contrition. On the days when I did not approach Holy Communion (73) I did not feel the Presence of GOD, I suffered unspeakably because of this, but I endured it as the punishment for sin. However, during confession I received an admonition that I could approach Holy Communion, since what had happened to me was not an impediment to receiving Holy Communion. After confession I received Holy Communion, and I saw JESUS who said these words to me: – “You must know, My daughter, that by not joining Me in Holy Communion you have displeased Me more than by [committing] that small fault” (Holy María Faustina Kowalska, The Divine Mercy in my soul, Diary, 612).
– Let us ask the LORD for the Grace of being aware of our faults and confidently going to confession.
– Let us ask for the Grace to receive the LORD in Holy Communion with a grateful heart.
– Let us pray for our confessors so that they allow themselves to be always illuminated by the LORD.
– For our suffering humanity.
– For the souls in Purgatory.
– For the intentions of the Virgin Mary.
– For our Holy Catholic Church.
– For our personal intentions.
3. PURPOSE OF THE DAY:
– Go to confession and Holy Communion.
– Pray the Meditated Divine Mercy Chaplet pdf.
– Respect the Hour of Mercy.
– Try to carry out at least one work of Mercy throughout the day.
4. CLOSING PRAYER:
“Oh, how great is the Mercy of the LORD, above all his attributes; Mercy is the greatest attribute of GOD, everything that surrounds me speaks to me about it. Mercy is the life of souls; His compassion is inexhaustible. Oh LORD, look at us and treat us according to Your infinite Mercy, according to Your great Mercy. (cf. Diary 611).
Oh My Good Merciful JESUS, King of Mercy, I trust in You and only in You I hope. Amen. JESUS I TRUST IN YOU!
Mrs. Mari Campos-Waite
WITNESS OF DIVINE MERCY